Google Mail for business – Why should I use it?
Gmail for business is a great email application that means you can keep the same email address as your website, helping you to give a professional look to your customers.
Sending emails from a standard gmail account like [email protected] does not always give the right impression and some potential clients will even stop doing business due to the unprofessional look…in fact it can look “spammy” which is the last thing you want to do.
Step by step: How to Set Up Google Mail for business
- Sign up: Visit Google Apps Standard Edition and click Get Started Now!.
- Select a domain name: You can purchase a domain name through YZ DESIGNS or enter the name of a domain that you own on the initial set up page. If you already own the domain, then be sure that you can configure its DNS settings (again we are on hand to help with this). The first time that you go through this process Google has you verify that you own and control your domain name by asking you to either put a specific file on your web server.
- Configure your DNS: Google provides step-by-step instructions specific to your domain name registrar (for example, GoDaddy, Easily, 1and1, etc), and Google also provides a list of hundreds of professional services providers who can assist if you need additional help. You can preview how to download the verification file from gmail for business which needs to be uploaded to your website server. YZ DESIGNS can help with this, especially if we control your domain name and hosting.
- Payment details: Google will need your payment details at this stage, although get a FREE 30 day trial.
- Add Google features: Although not necessary, once you’ve configured your e-mail, you can follow the other instructions on your control panel to configure your domain to use Google Docs (which is a suite of online word processing and spreadsheet apps) in addition to Google’s other services such as, Google+, Mail, Calendar, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Sites, Groups, Contacts.
Set up Gmail for your business and claim your own mail address
The process takes less than 20 minutes, although you may have to wait up to an hour between some steps while Google’s servers verify that you own and control your domain name.
Once you’ve configured your domain to use Google Apps you can either access your e-mail through your web browser, which looks like Gmail, through your regular e-mail application on your computer, or a smartphone with either POP or IMAP.
We normally advise the IMAP option so that the emails can be stored on the server, seeing you get a massive amount of storage.
Find out all of the correct Gmail IMAP settings
What is G Suite?
G Suite is a cloud-based productivity suite that helps teams communicate, collaborate and get things done from anywhere and on any device. It’s simple to set up, use and manage, so that your business can focus on what really matters.
These are some highlights:
Business email for your domain
Look professional and communicate as [email protected] Gmail’s simple features help you build your brand while getting more done.
Access from any location or device
Check emails, share files, edit documents, hold video meetings and more, whether you’re at work, at home or on the move. You can pick up where you left off from a computer, tablet or phone.
Enterprise-level management tools
Robust admin settings give you total command over users, devices, security and more.
Sign up using my link and get a free 14-day trial, and message me to get an exclusive discount when you try G Suite for your business.